Football

A lull has descended upon The Chronicles....had you noticed?  My apologies.  It just happens sometimes.  Lately, more often than I'd like.  Thankfully, I believe there may be a respite from the inactivity.  Ideas shoot through my brain...some random, some tied with an event...and as quickly as they flash through, they are gone.  I've got to be more diligent about writing them down.  At least enough to jog the old thinker into action...even if the composition occurs at a later date.

Football season ended in October.  It was not a winning season, I am sad to report.  However, I believe Y2 had a good time.  I know this for sure...the first time I saw him coming off the practice field, in full practice gear, my heart skipped a beat!  The pads...the way the cleats altered his gait...the way he held his helmet, by the mask, sort of swinging it as he walked along.  That beast ate my baby! 

Things were a little different for us than when Y1 played.  No team mom (that I knew of) calling to organize pregame meals, no mad dashes to the store for more bananas.  The coaches washed practice and game uniforms.  WHAT!!!!  Really, the only thing I did...or he did was spray his cleats with L*sol!  Sort of felt like a pale imitation of a real football mom! 

Enjoy the pictures.

 Waiting his turn and passing the time with a friend.  I'd like to tell you they were discussing the game, but I can't make that guarantee.  The boy can chase a rabbit like an Olympic athlete!
 

 Let's get it!
 

 If he could catch Y2 in just the right mood, Y1 was able to offer some pretty good advice about stance and blocking.
 
 See....beast mode.  What'd I tell you?
 
 Sigh!
 
 So, he's calling a holding penalty that he clearly thinks the refs missed.  This comes as no shock to me.  We have a recording of him singing back up to his own lead!
 
 Going in and this play ended in a fumble by the other team, which he recovered.
 
And when you recover a fumble, you should always do a little victory hop!


Comments