And So...

Summer is here...and I am hot!!!!  The heat in south GA is a special kind of heat...and there's really no way for me to describe it to you.  When I tell you that it's a kind of heat that must experience it for yourself to fully "appreciate" all of it's *cough* glory, I am not kidding.  Thus far, the days of walking out the door and feeling like I've been cocooned in an invisible, wet blanket have been few.   That being said, there have been a few days that make me wish I had a zipper down my rib cage (because it would be easier to access), so I could unzip my skin and just lie around in my bones!  I scandalized someone by saying that!  I don't think she truly understood what I meant.  I am not so unkind as to wish I could subject others to the view of me lying around in my skin...CHILD, PUH-LEEEEZE!!!  I had to assure her that she would find my bones much less offensive!

So...let's see....did I tell you that Y1 FINALLY came to the end of the labyrinth of obtaining his GA driver's license?  I don't think I have.  It was quite a big week...first job interview, got that first job, got his license.  I was nervous when we walked into the licensing office.  We were greeted like old friends!  Thankfully, we were the only ones there (how that happened, I do not know) and there was NO waiting.  I almost fell out, while going through the process.  Our licensing agent picked up her phone and called the State's Help Desk (which up to this point, had not been ANY help to us) and began an inquiry with the following phrase, "I have a sixteen year old in the office... ."  My inhalation was AUDIBLE because she looked at me and mouthed, "OH NO...NOT Y'ALL!!"  WHEW!

I spend a lot of my time shuttling Y1 to and from his job at Mr. Cathy's Chicken Shack.  Low man on the totem pole means a lot of closing shifts, but it also means money in the bank.  So far, he likes it.  I think it's a good fit for him, being the social butterfly that he is.  I think he's doing a good job.  Sweet friends have been kind enough to tell me so, via face to face conversations or in text messages.  I've never pulled up at the appointed time and seen him just standing around like he had nothing to do.  He really likes making milk shakes.  I'm thinking that could be dangerous!

And we're playing taxi because we just haven't gotten to the place of feeling like Y1 is ready for the road....solo him-o.  He's driving us pretty much everywhere we need to go...some days are better than others.  Whatever it takes to keep your prayer life strong, right??

Y2 got his braces on about a month ago and he's doing ok.  Never complained with a sore mouth.  I expected him to be sore, because Y1 was, but what do I know??  Watching him eat is kind of comical.  The kid could have literal hair growing on his teeth, prior to the braces, and it wouldn't bother him.  Since the braces, as soon as he finishes eating, he's off to the bathroom to rinse out his mouth.  Works for me!!!

We are beach bound in a couple of days and I am READY!!!  Not that my life as a SAHM is so demanding and stressful (actually...no...blog for another day), but it's just nice to have time away.  We're meeting up with the rest of the paternal side of Mr. Snark's immediate family.  It will be wonderful to be with them. 

That's what's what.  Nothing exciting or glamorous...life as usual...but so you know I haven't fallen off the edge of the world.  SMALLtown is very near the edge of the world, don't you know? 

Comments