What THIS Bossy Girl Has To Say

The PC police are at it, again....watch this video and then come back and let's chat!

Palm to forehead alert!


The video starts out asking what all those notable citizens have in common.  My answer does NOT match theirs...my answer is that all those people, despite whatever intelligence they may posses, whatever accolades/awards they may hold...whatever lofty perspective they may have....THEY ARE IDIOTS!  And they are wrong.

I am a bossy woman.  I was a bossy little girl. I am the first born, which probably has a lot to do with this.  I also come from a long line of bossy women, which probably has a lot more to do with my bossy disposition.  Said disposition can be terribly off-putting.  Got it.  I like to think that time has mellowed this quality, but I'm probably not the best judge.  What time has done, is teach me this valuable lesson...I cannot control how other people perceive me.  I cannot control their perceptions/opinions of me.  I can greet them with my best, most genuine self and do my utmost at whatever task is set before me.  After that, it's not up to me.

I've never taken my bossy nature as anything but a good thing.  God gave it to me to get me through the challenges of this life.  My life was not meant for a wallflower.  Life, in general, was not made for wallflowers. If you don't take control, now and then, you never find out what you're made of.  And let's just be honest, there is no time for waffling or fence riding in this fast paced world.  Sometimes you just have to be bossy and if it's not in you, kindly move aside for those more comfortable with their bossiness.  In my life, the "bossy" label only comes out when I'm dealing with a fellow "bossy" individual who would rather be the one in charge and then, that's just sour grapes. 

If we follow this line of "logic," we reach some pretty dangerous conclusions that are FAR more damaging than one little word.  Do we really want our daughters believing that they can be held captive by how others perceive them?  Do we really want our daughters believing that their self worth only comes from the value others place on them?  Do we really want our daughters to be afraid of being true to themselves?  Isn't it better to teach them that they are valuable and worthy of love....no matter what anyone says?  Isn't it better to teach them to  always put their best foot forward (if wearing cute shoes, even better!) and always finish strong?
 
So you don't like that word...don't use it!  The lexicon of the English language is HUGE and alive.  There are all sorts of synonyms:  commanding, assertive, take charge, powerful, compelling, authoritative.  I think it's rather bossy of these people to try and tell me what words I can use.  I think it's rather bossy for them to try and ban this word. 

And to that, I say...you are not the boss of me!

Comments

  1. There's a difference between leadership and being bossy. Some of the best leaders I've ever had the pleasure to work under never "bossed" anybody around, and the ones that I (and co-workers) considered bossy were disliked and a lot more likely to be ignored. Being bossy helped you survive, and I think it's turned you into a good leader now. You're only bossy when people deserve it. LOL
    PS I couldn't even watch the video. I read what was under it, and backed away with my opinion already formed. What does that make me? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment