The Latest

We can close the book on a story that has taken three months to complete.  Mr. Snark was able to bring his beloved Silver home from the body shop on Wednesday.  He could have picked it up on Monday, but as he was in Hotlanta until Tuesday afternoon, it wasn't possible.  By the time he got home on Tuesday, he had barely enough time to fly in the door, change clothes, grab a ball hat and pile into The Family Truckster, so we could vacate the premises for the 6pm showing of our house.  As an aside, let me tell you about his hat...it's become his favorite hat. He and Y2, each, have one as a keepsake from their trip to the Hoover Dam.  Y1 didn't want, so he didn't get.  The hat says "my dam hat."  I'm crapping you negative..."my dam hat."  Tuesday was also his birthday...and he was exhausted from the fast overnighter...and all he wanted to do was have supper at his table, in his house and pass out in his recliner.  But he couldn't because of the house showing and since that was my scheduling error, I didn't say anything about his hat.  Back to the story.

The truck looks AMAZING!  And it ought to, by skippy!  It was very nice to hear the familiar rumble of the engine when Mr. Snark came home.  I know that he is very happy to have his truck repaired and restored.  And it's very good timing since he leaves for SMALLtown on Sunday morning.  New job starts Monday.  He's excited and nervous, too, if he we're being really honest.  We're all just ready to get this process REALLY started so we can REALLY finish it.  Folks are beginning to look at us with the "Oh!  Are you still here?" looks.  I guess if you've never done a relocation like this, it might surprise you at the process and protocol that goes with it.  It takes time.  Fortunately, we seem to have a lot of that.

The kids are doing well with school.  I think Y1 misses the social part of being on the football team, but I know that he doesn't miss the grueling schedule of practice and the impact that it has on outside activities.  Not sure what's happening with Y2...maybe he's made a leap in maturity; maybe it's the fact that the middle school students are required to tuck shirt tails in and wear belts.  There's been a definite change in the young man.  And I likey!

We've had two showings.  The house has been online for not even a week, so I am encouraged.  The feedback we've gotten has been about things we can't change/accommodate...the floor plan, the kitchen's layout, the overall size of the house, the slope of the back yard.  So, that is good.  One realtor made a snide comment about a water stain that she saw on one of the window sills.  To be perfectly honest, that made me want to bawl!  I worked myself to near exhaustion on Tuesday....so not kidding and y'all know that I have the blessing of hyperbole...wiping corners and such things.  Again, not kidding....we could have a picnic on my bathroom floor!  (Of course, you'd have to wear a bib and eat RIGHT over your plate and sweep the floor when we were done....let's just go to a restaurant, instead!)Trying hard to let it roll....God will send the perfect buyer for this house.

Just wanted to keep you in the loop.  I should go.  Read this with the attitude of a put-upon, angst ridden teenager.  I have a water stain to clean!  Ugh!

Comments

  1. Maybe egg the realtor's house?

    Uh-oh! Looks like you've got a little stain there, honey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment