Day 16

Sixteen days.  Sixteen days ago, Mr. Snark's truck got backed off the alignment lift.  Sixteen days ago, I'd never heard of anything like that ever happening.    I've just about run out of sappy, positive platitudes and that's saying something!  I'm a VERY "glass half full" kind of gal...I mean seriously, when you're terribly thirsty, a glass half full is better than one that's half empty.  That half glass will tide you over until you can get to the full one!  See what I mean?  The body shop has had the truck for the last eight of those sixteen days, which is a step in the right direction, but we had to wait our turn.  We got a little hopeful when they picked it up last week...but there was still waiting to do.  Finally....sixteen days later....we have news.

The frame is bent, but not to the point that it compromises the integrity of the vehicle.  Poor Silver...he's been compromised, all right!  They also discovered that the grill is cracked.  (Add that to the list.)  AND, the bolts that hold the winch and it's mount to the bumper will have to be replaced.  (Add that to the list, too!)  The guys from the collision shop agree with the list of work Mr. Snark complied.  The estimate will be finished today and then someone...preferably Mr. Tire Store Manager...from the aforementioned nationally franchised tire store is supposed to come and look over the estimate and give approval.  Since they are paying for the work, I suppose it's only fair for them to look over it.  From there, the repairs can begin!  Hallelujah, repairs!!!!!!!

I am PRAYING that they do right by us.  I am PRAYING that they don't try to put this back on us.  I'm not sure how they could, but this world doesn't operate on the ideas of righteousness and honesty. 
I've been very careful to refrain from putting their name into print because they deserve a chance to prove themselves.  I don't believe this was intentional.  It was a mistake...careless and stupid, but a mistake.  Mr. Tire Store Manager was eager to do anything he could to make it right....sixteen days ago...before the insurance got involved.  He might have changed his tune since then.  I don't know.  I haven't talked to him and neither has Mr. Snark.  Trust me, it's better that way!  If you don't say anything, there's no need for apologies, right?  When this is all said and done, I want to be able to write a thank you note to that local store and to the district manager.  I want to "go public" with who they are because they owned up to their mistake and made no bones about full restitution and compensation.  I don't want to have to "out" them because they decided to play hardball and put this back on us...but I will.  The choice is theirs.

Stay tuned....it's not over until the fat lady sings...and I will, once Silver is home where he belongs!

Comments