Homecoming 2012

 He was humoring me...but not doing a very good job of it.  He dared to suggest that I be satisfied with the pictures of him in his jacket before the 8th grade banquet!  Whatever...sometimes, it is a wonderful thing to be able to play the "I'm your mama and you'll do what I say" card!

 I do love him in blue.  Bless his heart, though...you can tell he's recovered enough from the concussion that he can be back in helmet and pads....that chinstrap uses his chin like a chew toy!


 The story behind this picture:  on Y2's VERY first day of school (PreK), he and Y1 stood at the door for the traditional First Day picture.  Y2 was beyond proud to be going to school!  He was so excited!  he stood at Big Brother's side and looked up at him, as if to say, "I'm as big as he is...almost!"  So, Mr. Snark thought it would be funny to play with that.


 FINALLY....his daddy aggravated him enough he would REALLY smile!  I think he was just as nervous as a diabetic in a donut shop...which made him as ill as a hornet!

 At DearHeart's house....flower in hand!


 We didn't have to wait for her...she was in the foyer when he got to the door.  If you get close up on the picture, you can see that Y1's ears are smiling...I think he was very pleased to see DearHeart all dressed up and fancified!


 Teaching DearHeart how to pin a boutonniere.  There are benefits to the wedding director at church.


 Giving DearHeart her corsage.  We went with white roses because we didn't want to wait too late to order it and she wasn't able to shop for her dress until just a few days before the dance.


 Y1 and his DearHeart.  She described the color of her dress as coral...a pink coral.  So I went searching for Y1's shirt/tie.  There was one shirt...was it salmon?  Was it coral?  Not being completely sure and knowing that if the color wasn't right, it would be a bad scene, we went with the blue for Y1.  It's his signature color.  I was very please with the dress that DearHeart chose...the color was lovely for her...just perfect and while being a more grown up dress, it was very age appropriate and not too revealing.  She did her own hair and make up and I thought they made a smashingly gorgeous couple!

 At the park...precious, if you ask me.


 He's soarin'...flying! 


I'm afraid to blink...he's changing and growing and maturing and blossoming and...and...and!  I can say it's been one of my greatest pleasures to be along for the ride!

Comments