Shall We Dance?

It's Saturday...grab your dancin' shoes and shake a tail feather.  What's that...oh!  Well, if you're too timid to actually bust a move or two, enjoy the music and dance like a maniac in your head.  I promise you, though, if you actually did start dancing, you'd not be the only one.

You can blame Mama for my love of KC and The Sunshine Band!



Motown!

Probably one of THE best skating songs...ever!

Gets a party started!

A completely narcissistic tribute to my high school nickname!


Mr. Snark loved him some P.A. back in the day...LONG before her run-in with a certain "reality talent show."


Can't really explain why...but there's something about this one...my feet HAVE to move.

Again...no explanation.

There are so many other songs on my dance list.  Some of them you won't see published as I try to keep it family friendly around here.  You know the songs I'm talking about.  The ones that turned us into head banging fist pumping maniacs when were were sixteen and seventeen...before we had children and saw things with the eyes of a parent and heard things with the ears of a parent.  I cringe when I hear some of them..."You want to do what?  With whom?  WHERE?  Did you realize that your mother would hear this song when you recorded it?" 

So, those songs will only play in my head and on the radio (when the Ys aren't travelling with me)...and I still head bang.  With my continual process of growing my hair out, the effect is great!

Comments

  1. You're not jokin'! Once in a while I'll hear those songs in a store and think...seriously? How could the adults let us listen to those at the dances??? And dance how???

    ReplyDelete
  2. And 25 years later I still think there are actually only 3 real words in "Rock Me Amadeus".

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL! I soooo need you to load up my ipod with "sounds of the 80's!" . You have a repetoire of so many songs I had long since forgotten about, but amazingly enough, once I hear the music, oh yeah, I KNOW the words!
    On another tangent, I was grocery shopping at Meijers yesterday, I was in the sugar/flour aisle, and in the main aisle, I look up to see a mom (35+) walking backward groovin' to the beat with the kidlets pushing the cart toward her and BEGGING her to STOP! I giggled & then thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment