Fun Friday...Shlameel, Shlamazel!

Did you watch "Laverne & Shirley" growing up?  Do some of you even know what I'm talking about?  Remember "Happy Days?"  Well, "L&S" was a spin-off....and a very funny one at that.  It's probably one of my favorite shows from my childhood.  The best episodes happen while the show is still set in Milwaukee.  There are a few good ones after they move to Los Angeles, but not many.  Can't explain to you why I liked this show so much...I think it's a combination of things.  I was OBSESSED with the 1950's...they had a REALLY cool apartment...they had really pretty dresses....really STRANGE friends...had great adventures and through it all, they had each other.  Life long best friends.  The kind of friendships that weather all of life's storms and celebrate all of life's triumphs.  And they knew it...they knew that they'd always have each other.  Laverne was so sure of it, she wrote this in Shirley's yearbook....
"If in Heaven we don't meet, hand in hand we'll bear the heat.  And if it ever gets too hot, milk and Pepsi hits the spot!"

"Betty, please!"  This is one of my ABSOLUTE favorites!  Sister A's, too! 

Monkey business....on skates!


As funny as the girls were, the show would not have been what it was without Lenny and Squiggy.


Good stuff for a Funny Friday!

Comments