Christmas Caroling...Day 22

Arrived in The Mitten State last night about 8:30.  About 16 or so hours and let me tell you....my hips and tush were feeling the last two!  It was a good ride...good weather.  No snow...of course, there is plenty of time between now and Sunday for that to change.  Hopefully it will...the Ys will be sorely disappointed and to be honest, I will, too.  Seriously...we could stay in the Bamaham and have a 40F day!  Of course, there's nothing WE can do about the snow and I'm certainly not going complain to the Almighty about his choice of weather patterns!

Since we are at Casa de YaYa (YaYa is my mother and yes, I have one...are you shocked?), she has chosen the song for today.  The woman has been AT IT since before 7am!  I woke to the smell of coffee and then to the smell of something else that I couldn't identify.  Then there was the opening and closing of the microwave door and the sounding of the microwave timer.  The smell turned out to be pinto beans (Food of the gods, people!) and the microwave noise was necessary for the melting of chocolate and butter.  In total, she cranked out a batch of chocolate peanut cluster, a batch of buckeyes (HALLELUJAH), a batch of Russian Tea Cookies, a batch of homemade thin mints and a round of peanut butter blossoms.  AND by the way, fixed pancakes for Dude (that's my stepdad)'s breakfast...and Y1's second breakfast...and packed Dude's lunch for work.  That's my Mama...that's why she's picking today's music.

Comments