Christmas Caroling....Day 12


So...everyone has their "it's not Christmas without _____________" moment.  For the residents of YOHOS (Ye Olde House of Snark), it's not Christmas without watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "A Christmas Story."  I'd like to tell you that I'm firmly convinced the Ys learned the passage from Luke, Chapter 2 that relates the story of Jesus' birth from Sunday school or our own home teaching...but that would be a lie.  It's more likely that they learned it from the repeated and frequent viewings of "A Charlie Brown Christmas."

 


Y1 was three years old, maybe as old as five and was sitting with us in church.  It was Christmastime and we started to sing "Hark The Herald Angels Sing" and he looked at me with VERY big eyes and a VERY big smile and said, "Oh, Mama!  It's the loo-loo song!  I can sing this."  So he did...just like the kids from Charlie Brown's neighborhood.


"A Christmas Story" is just pure fun....silly, slightly off, sarcastic, sardonic (how's that for alliteration)....kinda like YOHOS!  "Deck the Halls" has never been the same for me and that's okay.  Well, unless I sing it out loud they way they did in the Chinese restaurant scene.  You know...I think we did do exactly that when we caroled in the gas station parking lot!  Maybe that's why we got such strange looks!


Comments

Post a Comment