Christmas Caroling...Day 11

Tomorrow's going to be BUSY!  The Day of Rest will be some other day this week.  Don't know WHICH day that will be, but I know it won't be Sunday.  We have Sunday school, morning worship, Christmas concert practice from 2-4, practice for Christmas Showcase from 4-5:30 and then at 6 is the showcase.  Sounds FAHN-SEE...but it's not.  Every year, the folks in our church are invited to prepare a special piece of Christmas music...to be sung or played.  I'm supposed to sing, but after two hours of choir practice, we'll see. Thus the reason for tomorrow's post today.

"Carol of the Bells" has bewitched my heart since I was a very little girl.  I think the first time I heard it was when I was in about the third or fourth grade.  There was a set of sisters at our church and combined with a couple of their friends, they sang this one Sunday morning.  Not realizing that it is usually sung acapella, I was just FLOORED by the fact that they were singing sans accompaniment!  Dead on pitch, too!  I've never had the opportunity to sing it, however, Christmas 2009 allowed me the chance to play it...as part of our church's hand bell choir.  I was SOOOOOOOOOO excited!  It was great!  It was pretty funny, too.  Our director said to wear either red or green.  So, I wore green...all the other ringers wore red and there I was...right slap in the middle with my grass green shirt!  Couldn't have staged it any better.

And just before you think I've gotten all high brow on you.....here's this!

Comments