Tiding Over

I know, faithful friends, it has been a bit of a dry spell between entries around here.  Forgive me.  This part of the summer is ALWAYS the busiest for us.  The Younglings both survived their away from home adventures and I will share those stories at a later date.  We squeezed in a last minute trip to East Tennessee (translation=God's Country)last weekend.  If we had not, the summer would have passed without a Meemaw visit.  Had a blast...played one day in Gatlinburg...people watching Nirvana!!!!  Ate good meals, LAUGHED and visited with our favorite Hobbit, also known as Mr. Snark's grandmother.  Have I told you about her?  If not, trust me...she's a whole blog entry by herself!  We ADORE her and The Younglings are properly smitten with her...always have been.  We even got to stop in Chattanooga and eat at Sticky Fingers...yum-meeee!  It was a great weekend.

School starts next week...Thursday...Y2's birthday and he's not all that thrilled about his birthday being the first day of school.  He's asked for a puppy...a beagle.  Good Lawd!  I prefer dogs, as to cats, but would much rather be pet free.  I doubt he'll get a beagle...and if it scars him, he can just add it to the topics he discusses on his therapist's couch in about twenty years.  Back to school starting...HOORAY!!!!  We've had a great summer...but we're all ready for the routine that by February feels like a grind and makes us hope for the end of May.  Big years for both boyos...oldest one's last year in middle school and youngest one's changing buildings.  Full of hope and promise....and LOTS of prayer! 

I've been as busy as a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest this week.  Coming off the weekend away and then rolling into the beginning of the picture taking process for our new church directory.  Guess who's leading that effort?  Me.  No big shock, right?  It means several evenings away from home because I can lock and alarm the building.  It gives Mr. Snark a chance to stretch his culinary muscles.  It also gives them all a chance to REALLY appreciate when Mama is around to cook supper! 

Summer Daughter leaves at the end of next week.  We will certainly miss her when she's gone.  She said that she's really enjoyed being with us.  Her internship work, well...not so much. She's learned that she's not cut out for the cube farm...stuck inside, behind a desk.  That's not her wiring.  She shared that perhaps it wasn't the job that brought her to the Bamaham...it was...but maybe the job was just the means to get her here so she could be with our church family for a few short months.  She's enjoyed the College group and had great Bible study opportunities with them.  She said that she's really done some growing in the spiritual areas of her life. 

Not much...but maybe it's a temporary fix to hold you until I can get back and give you something really good.  Cheese wagons roll in T - 6 days....and then my days are my own...woohoo!!!!!

Comments

  1. I'm with ya on the school thing. I'm about ready to dive into that schedule, too. When Mama's bored...it's time to hit the books. My kids are threatening mutiny...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww ... a boy needs a puppy! My own beloved BooBoo got a beagle puppy one birthday. But this comes from a self-admitted dog lover -- just ignore me when I rant and rave about the dog hair and such! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment