Computer Cooties and Spring Fever

Mr. Snark discovered a virus on the home PC last night.  He was NOT amused.  It was a Trojan...very sneaky...got past our firewall and antivirus...kinda like the flu has been getting past the vaccines, this year.  He says it's the very same kind of virus that snagged our old machine just about this time last year...a spring cootie, evidently!  HOPEFULLY, he will be able to figure out just what in the Sam Hill (wonder who Sam Hill was and how his name came to be used this way?)to do and get us back online. 

Here's a revelation for you....Hi...my name is Michelle...I'm an online addict!  Maybe addiction is too strong a word...I am dependent, that's for sure!  Had to come to the library this morning to get a couple of bills in the online que so they wouldn't be late!  I don't like using the public computers.  Makes me feel like I need to watch over my shoulder (just turned my head to look)and see if anyone is watching...and if they are, deter them from doing so any longer by staring at them as if to say, "You lookin' at me?  Are YOU lookin' at me?"  I jest...sort of. 

Spring has sprung, or so it seems, here in the Bamaham.  Forsythia, Redbud and Flowering Pear are all gussied up for Mother Nature's annual Spring Fling.  There's a beautiful weeping willow that I pass by regularly and it's newly sprouted leaves are the prettiest, most delicate shade of green.  I've seen Hyacinths and Daffodils.  The Azaleas will be out, soon.  The pink Camellia bush in my front yard has some blossoms hiding under the waxy green leaves.  Dogwoods will come out just around Easter.  I can't wait for the lacy look that the trees take on when their leaves just start to unfold.  I love the Spring, but dread it at the same time...quick on the heels of the graceful days of Spring are the brow beating days of a WayDownSouth Summer.  I try to appreciate the beauty and joy of each season, but it's terribly hard to appreciate anything when you're standing still under the shade tree and sweating in a most unlady like manner.  Southern women joke about not perspiring...the genteel word is "glisten."  Southern women are supposed to "glisten" in the heat of Summer....I don't "glisten"...I pure out radiate like all the lights of Time Square!!!

The clock is running....literally...the library computers are timed for patron usage.  I've got just about 17 minutes left...and counting.  You'll hear the jubilee band when Mr. Snark gets the home machine de-bugged.  Wish us luck!

Comments

  1. Oh, don't get me goin' on weather. I"m freezin' my behind off (I wish) up here!! It is stinkin' cold and windy today. I wish to glisten...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me want to garden with all of your flower-talk, Michelle!! :) *Wishing you luck for a quick, full return to computerland! ;) :)
    Tiffany~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment