The One I Married and The Two I Carried

Mr. Snark....wields cynicism and skepticism like Ninjas wield throwing stars; quick witted, smart and intelligent (the boy can do math with letter, ok?); disarming smile, handsome, passionate about God, his country and Tennessee football; great with the Younglings (never having siblings, it's like his inner child FINALLY gets to play); faithful, charming, FUNNY (I'm serious when I said that he cracked a joke and won my heart); caring, hardworking, 2nd Ammendment proponent, freedom loving, freedom crusading, doesn't like Andy Griffith color episodes, his tomato soup should be diluted with water NOT milk, orange juice should not have pulp and only be consumed at breakfast.

Y1...blue eyes that remind me of denim, gentle spirited, polite and well mannered (so we've been told...and we like hearing it, so please...every chance you get), good with little ones, in the throes of adolescence (Not to be confused with "throws" as in Frustrated Mother of Teen Aged Boy Throws Herself From Moving Vehicle), intelligent, bright, funny, sooooooooooooooo cute.  Let me stop here for a minute.  Recently, someone came up to me and told me that Y1 was turning into a "stud muffin."  There isn't enough ICK and EWW and BLECH to erase that!  He's turning into quite a looker, I get it.  If I were thirteen, he's just the kind of boy I'd have a crush on, but "stud muffin?"  Seriously???  What mother wants to hear THAT ascribed to her son...all I can see is over groomed hair, tacky gold necklaces and teeth that are whiter than nature intended!  That's not attractive!  ICK!  EW!  BLECH!!!  Back to the list...talented, friendly, helpful, sassy (from me), passive aggressive (again, from me...sigh), Frank's Hot Sauce addict, musical and tender hearted.

Y2...the night to Y1's day.  Not joking...they are just that different.  Eyes like melted chocolate, charming, HYSTERICAL, creative, imaginative, mischievous, sneaky, boisterous, inventive, thinks so far outside of the box that he's figured out other uses for the box besides a place to think, LOUD, happy-go-lucky, thinks that hygiene is negotiable based on it being "regular life" vs. vacation, complex, often misunderstood, a little bit of a hot head (from his daddy), very much his own person; will tell you that he did NOT like it when a girl from his Kindergarten class chased him around the playground but I know he did...he's his father's son...who was HIS father's son...don't hate the player and all that; unpredictable, joyful.

Comments

  1. I think it's so fun to hear the differences in kids, born to the same parents! Keep ya on your toes, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment