Pardon Me for Bragging

I was deeply engrossed in my latest PBS obsession...all about naughty King Henry VIII...when I heard the "beep-beep-beep" alert from my cell phone...I'd missed a call.  It was Y1...at 7:45AM.  Several thoughts ran through my head...he forgot his cleats...he forgot his practice clothes...he's been in an accident!  "Stop thinking and call the boy!" I said to myself.  So, I did.

Me:  "What's up? Are you ok?"
Y1:  "Yes'm.  I'm fine but Friend needs a ride to school and I'm already on campus."
Me:  "Um, ok?  What happened?  Did he miss the bus?"
Y1:  "Yes'm...he did and he can't get a ride.  He didn't know who else to call, so he called me."
Me:  "Oh, so are you going to get him?"
Y1:  "No, ma'am.  I'm already on campus. I can't leave.  Can you please go get him?  He doesn't have any other way to get here.  I told him I'd call you."
Me:  "He doesn't have anyone else he can call?"
Y1:  "No, Mama....there's no one.  That's why he called me."
Me:  "Call Friend and tell him on my way."
Y1:  "I will....and thanks, Mama....and I love you."

So, off I went.  Why?  Because my kid is trying to be Jesus to the least of these.  Because PRAISE GOD IN HIS HEAVEN, this is what we've taught him to do and again, PRAISE GOD IN HIS HEAVEN, this is one of those moments where I got to see the fruits of our labor...in the fruit his life is producing.  To some, it's just a ride...it's just gas...it's just time.  To my kid, it's him recognizing the moment for action and taking care of business.

So, while some might ride around with bumper stickers bragging about their honor students, or their athletes or their political affiliation, I ride sans bumper sticker....because there isn't one that says "My child is storing up treasures in Heaven...where moth and rust cannot destroy." 

That's a lot to put on a bumper sticker...but it makes great material for a blog, doesn't it?

Comments

  1. From a mother's heart ... special thoughts about her boy ... melts this mother's heart ... so glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So proud! Love this glimpses of the amazing young men they have become 😘💓

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment