A Trio of Strange

Do y’all ever have strange dreams?  Ever had three in one night?  I had three...I repeat, three...of them last night.  One would have been enough.  I thought it might make good fodder for the blog.  Something a little more lighthearted, for a change.  Enjoy.

#1. “Killer Whales In Kentucky”
I’m standing at a kitchen sink, looking out the window over the sink.  Seems like the kitchen belongs to my Kentucky aunt and uncle.  All of the sudden, there is a small killer whale on their deck.  And this excites me.  In a good way.  I should be terrified, right?  I am not.  Evidently, he and I are old friends.  Evidently, I have been waiting for him.  His name is Shadow.  I run out the back door and onto the deck.  When I get to the deck, there is a bucket in my hand.  I did not have a bucket when I was in the kitchen.  The mysteriously appearing bucket is filled with water that I begin to pour on my orca friend.  And it’s a good thing because the cicadas are crawling all over them.  The cicadas don’t seem to bother me, which is truly odd because I am not a fan of most of the insect world.  The bucket refills itself, every time it’s emptied.  Shadow seems very happy for the buckets of water and the displacement of the cicadas.  I seem to be very happy taking care of Shadow.

#2.  “Where’s My Hashbrown?”
It’s time to eat.  I do not know if it is breakfast, lunch, or dinner, but it is time to eat.  I open up my McD*nald’s bag.  I pull out the breakfast sandwich and what is supposed to be a hash brown.  Only, it’s not.  It’s half a pickle spear, with ketchup, in a hamburger bun.  I am disappointed.  I was looking forward to putting my hash brown on my breakfast sandwich.

#3.  “At Missy’s House”
I am at my friend Missy’s house.  She isn’t there. Neither is her husband or their little girl...My Littlest Friend.  A contractor truck pulls up the driveway and a man clambers out of the truck.  This is of some concern to me.  I start dodging windows and trying to make sure that he can’t see me.  As he is getting out of the truck, he puts some sort of apparatus on his head.  I know what it is.  It allows him to look through the peephole from the exterior side of the door.  He knocks on the “front” door.  It’s not really the front door, but no one uses the true front door.  I don’t answer.  He goes around to the real front door and knocks.  Again, I don’t answer.  He comes back to the other door and finally I work up the courage to answer him through the door.  He wants to know if we need a new roof on the house.  “No, thank you.”  And he leaves.  My friend pulls up right after the contractor leaves.  Missy starts walking to the house and with her is my other friend Bailey B. (Y’all, they don’t know each other in real life.  They’ve never met).  Then I see My Littlest Friend walking across the yard, which is strange, because you don’t have to walk across the yard from Missy’s driveway to get to the house.  But My Littlest Friend is doing just that...all the while, holding the hand of a little girl younger than her.  A little girl younger than My Littlest Friend, who is naked...naked as the day is long.  My Littlest Friend is very joyfully informing Little Naked Girl that “Sassy is coming to see me!”

Y’all with the understanding of dream interpretation, let ‘er rip.  Just promise me you’ll help me find a lovely, clean facility with excellent treatment options.

Comments