The Annual Torture (aka Christmas Card Photo Shoot)

Many of you will have already viewed this pictures via my favorite social media outlet.  However, I do have some readers free from the shackles of social media, so this is mostly for them.  Not that the rest of you can't read it and enjoy it...you are most certainly welcome!  Getting a picture for our Christmas card is one of the very few Christmas activities that I entertain before the turkey and cornbread dressing are put on the Thanksgiving table.  Not hating on those who start their Christmas merriment early...takes all kinds of kinds to make this world go 'round.  With Y1's birthday being at December's start, we've just always made it a practice to let him have his birthday and then we dive into Christmas.  The cards are an exception because they take a little time and as we all know, time is of the essence when it comes to Christmas!

Our back yard neighbor has several out buildings on his property and he was gracious to let us use them.  I thought they might offer interesting back grounds and a few of them actually turned out like I had envisioned in my mind.  Emphasis on a few.  You'd think after doing these cards pretty much all of their lives, they would make it easy on me to get those money shots...that's what I get for thinking!  Nope, my darling beasts make me work for every good shot that I get.  Anything worth having is worth working for....I know.  MMMMLLLLAAAA...that's me sticking my tongue out at you:)

Look up the word "impish" in the dictionary.  If it doesn't have this young man's picture by it, you need a better dictionary!
 
The glare on Y2's glasses monked (as in "monkeyed", as in "threw a monkey wrench", as in "we made up that word) up this shot.  But as you can see, Little Bro (or "Brah" as they call each other, which makes me giggle, because it sounds like they are calling each other "Bra"...like brassiere!) doesn't have long to catch up with The Firstborn.
 
Little bit of that football face...teen age angst...whatever you wanna call it.
 
Dag...if Y1 had his "real" smile!
Sometimes....the better sides of them!
 
Mo' better!
 
He thinks he's all that and a bag of chips.  At almost 6ft. tall (and he hits the 6ft. mark depending on how long it's been since he had a haircut), that's a BIG bag of chips.
 
Who they really are.
 
Sigh....somewhere in my youth or childhood...I must have done something good.  That quilt they are sitting on was made by Granny Wood...many years ago.  One of my treasures of this life.
 
Too sunny on Y1's face...but sweet, nonetheless.
 
 
 

 

Comments