The Back Cover

To the managers of any and every drug store, grocery store, big box, and/or convenience store I might frequent....

I have a confession I need to make.  Some of you may have noticed that various magazines at the check out stands of your respective stores have been rearranged.  Instead of showing their proper front covers, they are turned to display what's on the back cover.  It's me...I do that.  Every time I check out and here's why.  I don't want to see the summer's worse beach bodies!  I don't want to see the best.  I don't want to see another pregnancy announcement for Jennifer Anniston.  Seriously, according to y'all, she's been pregnant so many times, her brood should rival that of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar!  I don't want to see Miley Cyrus with her tongue sticking out.  When I was little and would make funny faces, the grown ups in my life would tell me that my face would freeze.  Someone should have told her the same thing.  She should have listened.  I don't care who has gained how much because when they lose it, all you're going to do is publish photos of them in the most unflattering light to incite rumors of eating disorders.   For pity's sake, leave the dead buried!  Princess Diana, Whitney, Michael, Elvis...they gave you plenty when they were alive...if you have to talk about dead folks, you must be desperate. Thanks for the "bedroom" advice, but I don't need you telling me...my teen age sons...the teen age daughters of my friends...how to break my bed, blow my mind or rock my world.  But thanks...I think.

Consider it an act of civil disobedience...silent protest...consider it a thorn in your side, I rightly don't care.  They make modesty shields for just this purpose and if you don't have them, don't use them, then when you see the backsides shining, know that I've been through your store.

And left, without showing my backside!

Comments

Post a Comment