Easter 2014

It was just the four of us.  I issued what I thought was a very witty invitation, via my favorite social media venue, to anyone with out local family/travel plans to join us.
"Wanted: Friends without local family to be our guests for Easter lunch/supper. Time and menu are negotiable. No prior experience necessary. Sense of humor and ability to have a good time is A MUST. Party poopers and wet blankets need not apply."
This is not because we don't know how to have a holiday/special occasion without guests at the table.  Over the years, we've gotten used to it. It is what it is...as cliché as that may be.  No sense in bemoaning reality.  Funny thing...the ones who said they'd come were not local folks...or anywhere close to being local.  Friends from FAR away...like, Nebraska far away...wanted to come!  FUNNY!

Y2 and I dyed eggs, Saturday afternoon.  It's been a couple of years since we did that.  It's really no fun to do it by yourself.  It was nice to have that time with him and be creative.

I love a boiled egg.  Especially in the winter months...with toast and a hot cup of tea!

Food coloring bottles or....
 
GNOMES!?
 

The baptismal pools

In the name of Peter, Flopsy and Mopsy Cottontail!

I wish I had thought about "The Minions" before we started because we would have had NOTHING but good and bad Minions.  Simple things folks...I am easily amused.

One for the USA (although it looks French), one for Ukraine and one for Denmark.  Why Denmark?  Y2 likes their flag.


Our morning worship was MIND BLOWING!  We opened with this song....this isn't our choir...and I don't know if we sounded this good, but we sure had a good time!  During the song, beautiful banners were paraded up the aisles and across the front of the sanctuary.  The banners echoed the lyric of the song, displaying the various names/attributes of God.  Mr. Snark and Y1 were two of the banner carriers.  It was made for a powerful display.


We sang through a few more wonderful songs.  Then we got to sing "This Blood."  I shared that with you a few weeks ago.  When we practiced, on Wednesday night, we had church!!!  I mean...our soloist just sang us all to the throne!  When she took her place, Sunday morning, there was no doubt that she believed every word she was singing.  She struggled to push through the emotion and I wondered if she was going to be able to get through the whole song.  Uh, she got through it all right and boy, howdy...it was some kind of goooooooood!!!!  And if that wasn't enough, Pastor delivered a message that was kind of like extra sprinkles and hot fudge on the sundae...just made the whole morning even better!  Thank God for Sunday afternoon naps!

We don't go out every Sunday matching like we're going to take the stage for a family musical number.  Just Easter...and if I do say so myself, we clean up right nicely.

Blue and yellow...because I love Ukraine.  And because I'm The Mama.  Look at our beautiful faces...and my cute shoes, but don't dwell too long on my white legs.

Give the boyos permission to be silly in a picture and what do they do? One throws a gang sign (WHAT is up with THAT?!), one acts befuddled and the other acts like he's above all the tomfoolery!
 

Two of my greatest gifts!

Horse play!  Jocularity!
 

Cheerleader arms on the left and pointed toes on the right.  Bless it!

He and I live in our own little world...ain't it wonderful?  Ain't it fine, fine, fine!
 

Comments