Thanksgiving with Santa

Not everyone knows that my SFAM (sister from another mother) is acutally Mrs. Claus.  As in, she's married to Santa.  It's true...don't look at me that way.  Remember, I have always said that I'd be the first to let you know when it was time to call the men with the white jackets.  They don't live in the North Pole...well, not year 'round.  I'm sure they make trips up there to supervise things...that's probably the times when I can't get her to answer my phone calls or text messages.  I imagine reception must be the pits up there.  When they aren't at the Pole, they reside in an every day house, in an every day neighborhood, in RollingHills, GA.  We didn't know they were Mr. and Mrs. Claus when we met them at church.  I mean, we knew there was something VERY special about them but we didn't realize just HOW special!

So, needing a breather from their busy season, Uncle Santa and Aunt Christmas and their daughter, Cousin Mistletoe, came to spend Thanksgiving at YOHOS.  The Younglings LOVE them to pieces!  All three of them.  And if ANYONE can get my kids to do the very last thing on their "I Hate To Do This" list, it's this merry threesome.  We SO enjoyed our time with them.  During the off season, they really don't have much down time and as it gets closer to December 24, their schedule becomes insanse.  Cousin Mistletoe is in her freshman year of university (WDE), so Santa and Christmas are learning how to be empty nesters.  It was great to have them with us.  Seriously, how many people could hang a sign on their front door that says "Santa Slept Here?"  Not many and we are proud, proud, proud to be in that company.

For those of you who doubt, here's the photographic evidence.  Big thanks to Mistletoe for taking the pictures.  We had a minor plumbing crisis that required me to be of some assistance to Mr. Snark.  The boyos had to pitch in, as well, and it firmed up in their minds that they will NOT pursue a career in plumbing!  Hey, it was just the drain line from the kitchen sink/bathtub.  It wasn't even the truly gnarly stuff!

 Coming up the driveway....

 These two can strike a pose at the drop of a hat!

 See what I mean?

 They were passing by and saw Santa and just HAD to stop!

 With their boyos!

 Aunt Christmas stealing some sugar!  Look out, Santa!

 Yeah, this is so my world!
 HAH!

 Me, too, Santa...me, too!

 Just  come right in!

 Oooh...peach cobbler...it's a little spicy...what's up with that?  (The addled chef grabbed the chili powder instead of the cinnoman...that's what's up!)

 Sweeting up her big man!

 Me and my Christmas sweeties!

 Look who's stealing sugar, now?

 See...this is how rumors get started!!!

She's my SFAM!  When her mama first met me, she was visibly startled for the briefest of moments.  That's just how similar we are.  She calls me her fourth daughter...and I'm good with that.

Comments