Too. Hot. To. Cook!

It's true!!!  It's too hot even think about putting anything in the oven!  The most "cooking" I've done in the last week is boil water...twice...to cook potatoes for potato salad and to cook some corn cobs.  Oh...and I fried some green tomatoes, last night.  Mr. Snark and I enjoyed them muchly, but I believe I've foundered (a good, old North Georgia mountain term for having eaten so much of a particular thing, that particular thing is no longer enjoyable)the Boyos on them.  They didn't eat a one of them.  Of course, they've been eating them since I started making them this spring...when they first showed up in the markets!  So...I've boiled water and fried tomatoes...woohoo!  Oh, forgive me...I braised some Italian sausages at the beginning of the week...but I promise that's it. 

So, what do we eat when it gets so hot even Mr. Sunshine is panting?  LOTS of salads and LOTS of sandwiches.  Mr. Snark will grill...I've been known to pick up fried chicken or a rotisserie bird from the store...LOVE my P*blix!!!  One of our favorite salads is a Greek salad.  Very easy...no real recipe, but here's what you need.

Romaine lettuce
Red onion
Kalamata olives
Garbanzo beans
Cucumbers
Roma tomatoes
Pepperoncini/banana pepper rings
Feta cheese

Tear up the lettuce, slice and chop the onions.  Chop up the cucumbers.  Slice the tomatoes into rounds...they look SO pretty in the salad.  Serve the peppers to the side.  Toss all veggies, olives, Garbanzos and cheese together.  I like to use a Greek dressing...the Boyos like Ranch...good Lawd!  Ranch on EVERYTHING!  And if it's Y1...Fr*nk's Red Hot AND Ranch on everything!  Serve with pita bread and hummus.  VERY good...and no cooking required!!!

OPA!

Comments