VA-CA-T-I-O-N!

Ah, yes...it's that time of year.  We're fixin' to vacate this popsicle stand.  Ok, ok!  Ye Olde House of Snark is a good deal more than a popsicle stand, but you get my meaning.  We're packing The Family Truckster and heading for a change of scenery.  Knowing us, we'll probably bring more change to the scenery than the locals would like, but that's how it goes. We'll do our level best to leave things just as we found them...well, minus the sand that will find it's way into the corners of beach bags and under the car's floor mats.

We've actually named our vacation.  Isn't that just obnoxious!?  It's called STINFAMGATH on St. George's.  Isn't that just perfectly obnoxious?  You have to say STINFAMGATH with just the right amount of hoity-toity lockjaw...bottom jaw pushed forward...think Thurston Howell III.  There's a story to the name.  Would you like to hear it?  When Mr. Snark's #2 Uncle was given orders for England, during Vietnam, his wife (Bubby) tried to find the location of their new home on a map.  Try as she might, she could not locate CINCUSNAVEUR (say SINK US NAV YUR), England.  She looked on every map she could get her hands on, to no avail.  Imagine her chagrin, and the family's great delight, when she learned that it was not a town, but instead, an acronym that meant "Commander In Chief, US Naval Forces, Europe."  STINFAMGATH was an appropriate choice since Bubby and #2Uncle will be joining us on this boondoggle.  #1Uncle and his wife, MILove, Sister A, Bubby and #2Uncle's daughter and her family and even her FILove will also be in attendance.  It's turned into a family reunion of sorts and we're all just about too giddy for words! And that's saying a lot...we're a wordy bunch.

There will be good eating, good conversation, more good eating, LOTS of laughter...at least one episode of me shooting beverage through my nose.  NO ONE makes me laugh like Mr. Snark and his men folk...unless it's Mr. Snark and Sister A.  Since she's also going to be there...I may not drink anything while in the presence of anyone but me, myself and I!  There will be a few bittersweet tears for FILove.  How we'd all enjoy having his company on this excursion!  It's coming on four years since he went on to Glory.  I like to think that he'd be right proud of how we've moved ahead with life and tried to make the days count.  I like to think that he'd be right proud of this beach occupation we're planning.  I'm so looking forward to retelling old stories, rehashing old inside jokes and making new ones!

Our beach house comes with WiFi...WiFi makes me think of a snooty poodle name FiFi...WiFi would be FiFi's less fortunate cousin!  HA  Internet access will be available, but I'm just going to tell you that I don't plan on doing a whole lot of Internet interfacing.  I've got face time with my family on the books and will update the Chronicles when we get home and back to reality.  Always such a let down when you've been away.  HA!

I'll leave you with this...

Comments