What's Cooking Wednesday....Spinach Saute

1 bag fresh spinach
1 shallot finely minced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
3 Tbs. butter
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. lemon zest

Melt butter.  Saute shallot and 'shrooms until they are tender and shallot begins to caramelize.  Add garlic.  Add spinach.  Cook until wilted and well coated with butter, shallot and garlic.  Season with salt and red pepper.  Just before serving, add lemon zest.  Serve immediately.

There is a side dish like this at a nation wide Italian restaurant chain.  It is so gooooood!!!  We went to their local site to celebrate Y1's birthday, back in December.  I love trying new things at restaurants and trying to figure out how they are made....and then recreate them at home.  That's how I got my Seafood Chowder and my Mexican Chicken soup.  Both offerings at restaurants that were so good, I had to make them at home.  Mr. Snark said that's one of my gifts.  Sometimes, I'm right on the money.  Sometimes, it takes a bit of doing.  I was the only one who liked the spinach.  Not such a bad deal....more for me!

Comments

  1. Yum!!!!! This recipe we can, and will, try. We love spinach, and I'm trying to find ways to get this family to eat mushrooms! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I made this for lunch to go with our mac&cheese, and we LOVED it! I think I'll need a bigger pan to make a double batch! Even the kids who don't normally enjoy mushrooms wanted more! Thanks for sharing this yummy and healthy recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment