Fun Friday.....Veggie Tales

What's not to love?  Seriously, there are moments when the preacher gets going on a certain topic...a certain story from the Bible and a Veggie Tale will pop into my head.  We watched them in serious repetition when the Y's were little ones.  I know they are marketed for children, but they are flat out FUNNY!!!  When Y1 was a tot, he would get very excited about the produce section at the grossery store.  He'd say, "Bob!  Larry!  Larry Boy!  Laura!"  The first time I handed him a cherry tomato, though, and said, "Here...eat Bob!", he was slightly horrified!  Oops!  Sorry, buddy!

"Barbara Manatee"....made me thing of my granny and Aunt Jewell and the soap operas they used to watch!  I mean...they were such serious fans, I thought Luke and Laura were family and was offended when we didn't get an invite to the wedding!

"The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything"...probably Mr. Snark's favorite.  He even has a tie with them on it!

Nothing says heartbreak like a torch song performed by a bucktoothed, pencil mustache wearing, eyeless gourd....with a slightly off Hispanic accent!

Bet your rethinking that salad you're planning on having for lunch, huh?

Comments