Christmas Caroling...Day 4

I'll bet you thought today's song would be something straight out of the hymnal...being that it's Sunday and everything.  Well....think again.   It's "White Christmas."  The one sung and more importantly, whistled by Bing Crosby.

My dearest FILove had a Bing Crosby Christmas album.  MILove and I would get together for baking days during the four years we lived in Knoxville.  FILove's job was to periodically snitch a freshly baked cookie..."quality control" and provide the background music. This was one he always sent belting off the turntable (yes...that's right...an honest to goodness record player!) in the "Rock and Roll" room.  Of course...being who he was...with the sense of humor that seems to be genetic to the men of that family...lyrics were often changed, rearranged and sometimes nearly misshapen beyond recognition.  Hard to bake cookies when you have to pick yourself up off the floor, every ten minutes, where you've dropped from laughing so hard.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the whistling!  It's just so cool...for lack of better wording. 

I hear this song...and I smile...because I think of the time I had with one of the most precious men God created.  It's not Christmas without this song...and Christmas isn't the same without FILove.

Comments