Christmas Caroling....Day 19

Six days from the big day!!  This month has PURELY flown!  I'm told that time moves faster and faster with each passing year.  Today marks the first day of my forty-first year...time can slow down and it wouldn't hurt my feelings AT ALL!

So, when we were kids ("we" meaning my sister, cousins and myself), we always loved singing today's selection because we liked to see how far we could get through it without stopping for breath.  Being that we descend from folks with good lung capacity (yes...that's just a polite way of saying that my people are wind bags), we all could get deep into the song before needing to catch a breath.  Of course, getting a chestful was necessary before launching into the chorus.  To have to breath during "glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-rious" was shameful.  And while we audibly sang "Deo" as it was written in the hymnal, in our heads, we sang it like "DAYo"....like the Banana Boat song. 

Comments