Hot Child In The City

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang y'all.....it's HHHHHHOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!  Seriously...we're barely into June and we've already hit the 100 mark.  I love living in WayDownSouth, but I'll never love the heat.  I'm not sure who does...other than lizards and the power company!  Thinking about it that way, I guess I do sort of like the heat.  The hotter it is the more the a/c units run.  Running A/C units means revenue for the power company and revenue for the power company means they have no trouble paying Mr. Snark's salary and it makes for a lovely spring bonus check.  So in that regard, the heat is good.  But that's where I draw the line.

Summertime was easier to navigate when we had the neighborhood pool.  Where we lived prior to the relocation to Bamaham had a community pool and we used it like it was the last swimming hole on Earth.  When we lived in SMALLtown, GA, we had carte blanche pool privileges at a certain friend's house.  That was sweet!  All the benefits of having a pool without all the responsibilities!  The boyos are happy to play in the sprinkler, but they say it's just not the same and I have to agree.  I'll get in my swimsuit and play in the pool, but you won't see me running through the sprinkler...the pool water provides coverage that the sprinkler and hose cannot.

Lemonade by the gallon, popsicles and Gatorade.  Suppers of cold sandwiches in every variety I can design and pasta salad by the bucket.  Avoiding the hottest part of the day like a politician avoids the truth....that takes some mad planning skills, let me tell you!  Celine Dion sings a song "My Heart Will Go On."  I think we could do a rewrite about summers WayDownSouth and call it "The Heat Will Go On."  'Cause it does...until October!  And come October, this is one girl you will NOT hear complain about the cold of fall and winter in WayDownSouth...BRING IT ON!

Comments